50 Best Free Weight Loss Tools on the Web
November 9, 2009
Everyone who has tried to lose weight knows it isn’t always easy. Between finding the right caloric intake, cooking instead of eating out, remembering to take the stairs instead of the elevator, and going to the gym after work, a healthy and fit lifestyle is quite difficult to get used to. That’s why these awesome fitness and weight loss tools were created–to help the world get into shape! You’ll find a community, calculator, weight loss diary or blog that’s right for you, and with it, you’ll find all the motivation and inspiration you need to devote your body and your mind to the new, healthy you.
These bloggers have been where you are at this very moment–wondering “Is it worth it?” Their answer is yes, so follow their stories and learn their weight loss tips and tricks.
- Pasta Queen: This blogger lost half her body weight in two years–find out how.
- Token Fat Girl: This small town gal shares her weight loss journey with the world.
- Weight Ladder: Get exercise tips and healthy eating advice here.
- Former Fat Guy: Learn from this blooger, who isn’t ashamed of his past–just proud of his current physique and bright future.
- Skinny Habits: Great recipes and ideas for weight loss and maintenance. References the Weight Watcher’s system.
- Living a Whole Life: Two sisters provide practical suggestions for a healthy, disease-free lifestyle.
- Heart & Style: From heart health to green living, this blog covers all aspects of wellness to help readers live a healthy life.
- Veggie Venture: Whether you’re looking for a vegetarian community or just need a recipe for a delicious side dish, this site has it all.
- Running Around Nowhere: A food blogger with a passion for health and nutrition shares her daily routine with her readers.
- The Weigh I Am: Another food blogger finds peace with herself but still strives for wellness through healthy eating.
- Itzy’s Kitchen: Recipes so good, you can taste them as soon as you read them.
- Our Bodies Our Blog: Health and medical news just for women.
Your weight is a number, so it makes sense that reaching your weight loss goal will involve some number crunching. You’ll need to know where you’re starting, how many calories to keep and burn each day, how much exercise to do every week, and how to sustain your healthy weight once you get there. Use these fabulous free tools to find all this out, and more.
- Calories per Hour: Find out how many calories you burn for a variety of different exercises and activities.
- Weight Loss Calculator: Three different calculators all track your goals and progress.
- BMI Calculator: Calculate your starting point BMI and watch it drop as you pick up a healthier lifestyle.
- Calories in Alcohol: Like it or not, calories consumed in alcohol are a dieter’s worst nightmare. So use this tool to choose wisely before you booze, and make sure you’re not drinking your diet off track.
- Caloric Burn Rate: How many calories do you burn each day just by living? Find out here.
- Target Heart Rate: Burn fat like wildfire by reaching your target heart rate, then slowing down, then reaching it again. This type of exercise is called interval training and is a sure way to reach your weight goals quickly.
- Weight Loss Timetable: Want to lose weight by a certain date? Find out how many calories you have to burn each day to reach your goal.
- Caloric Needs: Thought it seems counter-intuitive, starving yourself or skipping meals is one of the worst dieting habits one can form; it often leads to eventual over-eating, which can destroy your diet all together. Make sure you’re getting adequate nutrition with this calculator.
- Calories Burned: See if your exercise is up to par with your goals.
- How Long Does It Take?: If you’re wondering how long it will take to reach your goal if you cut X-amount of calories each day, this calculator has your answer.
Make sure you have all the data you need about your meals before you put another spoonful into your mouth.
- NutritionData – Has comprehensive information on most foods.
- DietFacts: As well as the standard foods, has manually-entered data from many restaurants.
- CalorieKing: Has comprehensive nutritional info, but their Portion Watch tool is unique – it has photos of different portion sizes of many popular foods.
- CompuFoodAnalysis: Your source for nutrition label data.
- FDA Nutrition Label Know-How: Understand nutrition labels and what they mean for your diet.
- The Nutrition Data Blog: Get little-known nutrition advice from this expert blog.
- The Daily Plate: Track your goals, and this site will hold you accountable for them.
- Nutritioin Data Lab: If knowledge is power, you’ll be king (or queen) of your diet. This database compares foods so you know what you’re eating and what it does to or for your body.
- NY Health Department Food Stats: Find out everything you need to know about the food you eat with this awesome database.
- CalorieCounter: Compare sandwiches, burgers, and sides from 12 different fast-food chains.
Weight Loss Diaries
Keep track of your strengths, weaknesses, and progress with these made-for-you tools.
- My Weight Loss Diary: Learn how to track your daily routine for stray calories and missed exercise opportunities.
- 23 Pounds: This weight loss tool will show you how to keep a daily food diary.
- Weight Loss Diary: Use Shape’s free online weight loss diary and share with others who are in your shoes. Great motivational tool.
- My Calorie Tracker: Don’t let one bite go unnoticed. Keep everything together here.
- Weight Loss Tracker: Here’s some free software to keep you ahead of the game in your weight loss journey.
- 21 Days: Watch Jasmyne reach her fitness goals, and learn from her dieting strengths and weaknesses.
- My Weight Loss Diary: If you’re wondering whether you should spend time keeping a food diary, read this article that shows food journals are linked to increased weight loss.
- Your Food Diary: This popular lifestyle tool tracks your eating and exercise habits.
- Wynonna Judd’s Weight Loss: Learn the psychological truth behind overeating and food addictions. Wynonna Judd shares her battle with weight and anxiety, and empowers readers to follow in her footsteps.
- FitDay: Have the healthiest day of your life–starting today.
- Slim Tracker: Stay in charge of your diet and exercise routine with this awesome tool.
These either don’t fit into our other categories, or they fit into all of them. In any case, they’re sure to help you reach your goals.
- GlobalRPH: A popular on-line diet tracker.
- NutriDiary: Tracks food, calories, and weight.
- ExRx: Animations of hundreds of exercises by muscle group.
- SparkPeople: Free diet and exercise program.
- PeerTrainer: Group dieting and exercise program.
- Weight Loss Calculators: BMR, BMI, RMR, and more.
- Weight Loss Calculators: Macro-nutrient ratios, daily caloric needs, body fat percentage, and more.
aztecmichelle on 101 Questions that Empower You…